Cerridwen, Keeper of the Cauldron of Rebirth, is a Chthonic and shapeshifting Goddess from the Celtic/Welsh regions. She has arrived in Dark Goddess Collective to allow us entry into her Cauldron, full of inspiration, regeneration, and the deepest knowing that she can bestow upon us this month.
Never created a Black Sacred Candle? We have you covered! Learn how in this free three-part series.
- Oak (I used Oak Essence)
- Juniper (or other Evergreen)
- Personal Oil (or Olive Oil) to tie us to it
Oak is truly a sacred tree. In stories, it is said to be a part of the triad that created our word “oath”, as in Oak, Ash, and Thorn (Hawthorn). We are asking at the edge of her cauldron, to fulfill our oaths to self, the natural requirement to transformation and transcendence.
In addition to being a sacred tree to Cerridwen, I chose to use the essence form of Oak to call to the transformation that Cerridwen can provide.
An essence is what we are requesting to be reduced to once we enter from this liminal space of being at the edge. We use the evergreen or Juniper as the ability to remain green or retain the fire element, a spark of soul, from which we rebuild. And of course, the amazing cleansing, banishing, protecting (and world-walking) trio that are Sage, Mugwort, and Myrrh.
Additional Items for creating your BSC:
- Aluminum foil (we will be using the oven to get the candle warm so items will stick)
- Non-stick parchment paper
- Take a piece of aluminum foil (large enough to wrap your candle in) and place it on your workspace.
- Take a piece of non-stick parchment paper (about the same size as your aluminum foil) and place it on top of the aluminum foil. Trick: Fold the edges of the aluminum foil over the top of the edges of the parchment paper to keep it from rolling!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Anoint your candle with your chosen oil.
- Lightly coat your candle with the Cauldron of Cerridwen Blend you created. Caution: Please make sure there are no large chunks of plant material as these can be dangerous or ‘pop’ during candle burning. As always, please abide by all fire safety rules.
- Place your candle onto the parchment/aluminum foil, wrap your candle, and place in the oven.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE KITCHEN (lesson learned the hard way), turn your candle every 2 minutes (this took me about 12 minutes total).
Tip: Use markers to add additional intention to your candle as you see fit, you can see mine has a cauldron with a flame rising from it. It is the fire of knowledge and of inspiration.
A candle and a key,
Want to learn more about what is going on Dark Goddess Collective?