Meeting with a Dark Goddess can be overwhelming at times. Whether we are anxious because we have questions or apprehensive because it is new territory, I am going to walk you through creating a grounding talisman that also doubles as an incense holder. Many Dark Goddesses enjoy incense and are appreciative of those types of offerings. As you prepare to dive deeper with Nyx or meet her through meditation, this can help you ease into the journey.
- Polymer Clay
- Obsidian (Chip size)
- Aluminum foil
- Stick incense
- Glass cup
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take your polymer clay and roll it into a ball, about 3 inches in diameter. Place it onto the aluminum foil (this is so you can put it in the oven later easily).
- Use your glass cup to roll it out into a circle until it is about ½ an inch thick.
- Use the end of an incense stick and create a hole at the top of your talisman.
- Sprinkle some of the lavender and yarrow on top and press down with your fingers. Lavender for a soothing experience, yarrow to go deeper into the experience with more ease. While you are pressing down, make sure you are connecting with the herbs.
- Take your piece of cleansed and cleared obsidian and press it into the middle of your talisman.
- Put the talisman in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Your Grounding Talisman is ready to be activated!
There are many ways to activate a talisman. Activation began by placing a drop of my personal oil on the obsidian. It ties me to it entirely, and then I chanted my intention:
Let me be fully grounded
Roots deep in the soil
When I am anxious or scared
Remove the worry and toil
Place a stick of incense in the hole and light it, envisioning the smoke activating it entirely.
Blessings on your journey into the night, may Nyx receive you and guide you forward exactly as you need her to!
A candle and a key,
The buildout of our private community is well underway. Stay tuned!
Be sure to subscribe to our blog feed for new posts!
Feature Image Credit: Author