A part of the work we are doing for February 2022 is connecting to the Goddess Alêtheia. Our Black Sacred Candle for the month serves as a conduit through which we can reach the Gate of Dreams that she stands at. Utilizing the Pylê Oneirôn incense blend, our Black Sacred Candle for the month creates instant sacred space for magic too!
It is said that she is waiting at the gate of dreams from which we will pull through our own truths (Philostratus the Elder, Imagines 1. 27 as referenced by Theoi Project).
Never created a Black Sacred Candle? We have you covered! Learn how in this free three-part series.
I began by drawing twin torches as the gates through which we will connect deeply with our ability to traverse the space between the gates of conscious and unconscious dreams. Sage, Mugwort, and Myrrh are the sacred space trio of cleansing, protecting, and banishing. Lavender is a great tool to slow down, which helps open ourselves to a deeper awareness. Eyebright is an ally of sight (especially for truth) and being able to see beyond. Yarrow is great for awareness, courage, and strength which is helpful when we understand the truths we are seeking are of the upper and lower worlds.
Additional Items for creating your BSC:
- Aluminum foil (we will be using the oven to get the candle warm so items will stick)
- Non-stick parchment paper
- Take a piece of aluminum foil (large enough to wrap your candle in) and place it on your workspace.
- Take a piece of non-stick parchment paper (about the same size as your aluminum foil) and place it on top of the aluminum foil. Trick: Fold the edges of the aluminum foil over the top of the edges of the parchment paper to keep it from rolling!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Anoint your candle with your chosen oil.
- Lightly coat your candle with the Pylê Oneirôn incense you created. Caution: Please make sure there are no large chunks of plant material as these can be dangerous or ‘pop’ during candle burning. As always, please abide by all fire safety rules.
- Place your candle onto the parchment/aluminum foil, wrap your candle, and place in the oven.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE KITCHEN (lesson learned the hard way), turn your candle every 2 minutes (this took me about 12 minutes total).
A candle and a key,
Want to learn more about what is going on Dark Goddess Collective?
You can also find Dark Goddess Collective on Facebook and Instagram!
We are equally excited to announce that our private network is coming along beautifully. Its creation will be for those who are interested in doing the deeper, life-changing, intuitive work of reclaiming their power with Dark Goddesses and a tribe committed to fostering change in their communities.
Feature Image Credit: Kaycee Reeves
Atsma, A. J. (2017). Theoi.com. Retrieved from Theoi Project: https://www.theoi.com/Text/PhilostratusElder1B.html#27