This month we are studying Medusa, the Gorgon Goddess portrayed as a terrifying and villainous woman turned demon. As we call to her and create a connection to her energetic force, it may come as quite the surprise how much she is misunderstood. Before we get to the Black Sacred Candle this month, come create the Demon’s Eye Blend that we will use as well!
The Demon’s Eye Blend
What you will need:
- Dragon’s Blood Resin
- Red Jasper Chips/Stones
- Place Dragon’s Blood resin, Myrrh, Mugwort, and Patchouli (I used Patchouli essential oil) into a mortar and pestle and grind up.
- Use 4 Red Jasper chips to call out to the four directions and place them onto the rim (or lay them on your workspace) of your mortar and pestle.
Activate the Blend:
From the 4 directions, through space and time
With this blend I see all, from the Gorgon Eye
Metis, Maat, Medusa, Athene
All you have been, and all will be seen
The Black Sacred Candle
Never created a Black Sacred Candle? We have you covered! Learn how in this free three-part series.
The Black Sacred Candle has multiple parts this month, not to make it more difficult, but to honor the energetic force through her Libyan beginnings and historical forms through the ages and stories. While all the extras are not required, it does serve us to be curious about the nature and meanings of all those extras.
What you’ll need:
- Metallic Markers
- Demon’s Eye Blend
- Personal Power Oil or Olive Oil
- Aluminum Foil
- Parchment Paper
- Candle Holder with space for Red Jasper Chips and salt
- Red Jasper Chips (from your calling the 4 directions above)
- Take a piece of aluminum foil (large enough to wrap your candle in) and place it on your workspace.
- Take a piece of non-stick parchment paper (about the same size as your aluminum foil) and place it on top of the aluminum foil. Trick: Fold the edges of the aluminum foil over the top of the edges of the parchment paper to keep it from rolling!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Go back to your candle and draw the Demon’s Eye Sigil on one side:
- On the other side draw scales, like that of a serpent (and I know you may have other creative ways of doing this – mine looked oddly like mountains, I had good intentions):
- Anoint your candle with your chosen oil.
- Lightly coat your candle with The Demon’s Eye Blend you created. Caution: Please make sure there are no large chunks of plant material as these can be dangerous or ‘pop’ during candle burning. As always, please abide by all fire safety rules.
- Place your candle onto the parchment/aluminum foil, wrap your candle, and place in the oven.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE KITCHEN (lesson learned the hard way), turn your candle every 2 minutes (this took me about 12 minutes total).
- Pour salt into your candle holder and then place the four jasper stones used to call in the four directions for The Demon’s Eye Blend on top of the salt. Then place a bit of The Demon’s Eye Blend between the stones, in the center of the candle holder.
- After your third time turning your candle in the oven, light the Demon’s Eye Blend that is in your candle holder:
Enjoy your magic this month with Medusa by lighting your candle a few minutes each day!
A Candle & A Key,
Want to learn more about what is going on with Dark Goddess Collective?
Our private network will be launching soon! Its creation will be for those who are interested in doing the deeper, life-changing, intuitive work of reclaiming their power with Dark Goddesses and a tribe committed to fostering change in their communities.
Feature Image Credit: Damien Hirst, Cover of British GQ, 2013