The Black Sacred Candle this month is a little different. Its protective, cleansing, and blessed qualities are still present as inherent in all our candles, but the purpose is to grant access to Themis through a disciplined practice of opening our own gating channels. As I felt my way through the breath, I could slow myself enough to feel in totality a message to carry forward in our work:
To listen and hear, but not with your ears
To see, but not with your eyes
To know beyond the mind
To translate beyond the use of words
You need only open the gates
Never created a Black Sacred Candle? We have you covered! Learn how in this free three-part series.
- Personal Oil or Olive Oil
This month I want to use a little bit of a larger strategy. There are many energetic forces at play:
- The lifting of the veil (Samhain)
- Mercury has gone direct
- Pluto will as well
- Full Moon in Aries, who is ruled by Mars
- Going from Libra to Scorpio
In addition, there is a lot of air energy with Themis and the stars are aligning in that way too. We want to be able to draw it down and translate the information for ourselves in a very balanced way. We also know that this is a season in which our connections to the spirits of the land and our ancestors can come through in a big way. Using this sigil is accommodating for balancing our ability to perceive, receive, and translate for ourselves the natural order of change as well as our role in it. Use a blue marker if possible.
Additional Items for creating your BSC:
- Candle Scribe or a toothpick
- Aluminum Foil
- Parchment Paper
- Blue Marker
- Take a piece of aluminum foil (large enough to wrap your candle in) and place it on your workspace.
- Take a piece of non-stick parchment paper (about the same size as your aluminum foil) and place it on top of the aluminum foil. Trick: Fold the edges of the aluminum foil over the top of the edges of the parchment paper to keep it from rolling!
- On the parchment paper, draw the symbol of Pluto and below it an intention consistent with removing an obstacle that may be blocking your ability to perceive.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Draw the sigil on your candle.
- Anoint your candle with your chosen oil.
- Lightly coat your candle with each of the correspondences as you see fit. Caution: Please make sure there are no large chunks of plant material as these can be dangerous or ‘pop’ during candle burning. As always, please abide by all fire safety rules.
- Place your candle onto the parchment/aluminum foil, wrap your candle, and place in the oven.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE KITCHEN (lesson learned the hard way), turn your candle every 2 minutes (this took me about 12 minutes total).
A Candle & A Key,
Dark Goddess Collective, A Revelations of a Witch Circle, will be launching soon. This is a community focused on those who are interested in doing the deeper, life-changing, intuitive work of reclaiming their power with Dark Goddesses and a tribe committed to fostering change in their communities. Make sure you have subscribed to get updates!