This month in Dark Goddess Collective we are calling in The Hesperides as allies as we work towards tending and nourishing the gardens of our own. Our Black Sacred Candles are not only beacons to call them in but are made through a pattern of creation and wholeness to automatically create sacred space for practicing magic. The candle is a spell in and of itself!
If you are a member of Dark Goddess Collective, head on over to the network for the extras this month!
We know through the pattern of creation that we move through an alchemical process of the elements. Air, Fire, Water, Earth, and Spirit. This month we utilize the power of Storm Water to provide a bit of balance to this potent fire.
Ingredients & Tools
- Black Candle
- Aluminum Foil
- Parchment Paper
- Oil of choice
- Storm Water (collected or created)
- Pomegranate (juice or seeds, practitioner’s choice!)
- Bloodroot (root pieces, just a couple)
- Dragon’s Blood (resin)
- Dandelion (dried flower)
- Apple (dried pieces)
- Sage (I had a bit of powdered, but can always grind down)
- Candle holder
- Drinking glass that your candle will fit in
- Put your candle in the drinking glass and fill up to half with storm water.
- Fill the other half, up to rim, with the juice of pomegranate seeds (I allowed mine to soak in this mix overnight, but it is not required, you will know when it is ready).
- Take a piece of aluminum foil (large enough to wrap your candle in) and place it on your workspace.
- Take a piece of non-stick parchment paper (about the same size as your aluminum foil) and place it on top of the aluminum foil. Trick: Fold the edges of the aluminum foil over the top of the edges of the parchment paper to keep it from rolling!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove candle from the Pomegranate/Storm Bath and anoint your candle with the oil of your choice.
- Lightly coat your candle with each of the correspondences as you see fit. Research them. Call to them. We are creating a symphony, as the conductors we must tell them the parts they play. Caution: Please make sure there are no large chunks of plant material as these can be dangerous or ‘pop’ during candle burning. As always, please abide by all fire safety rules.
- Place your candle onto the parchment/aluminum foil, wrap your candle, and place in the oven.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE KITCHEN (lesson learned the hard way), turn your candle every 2 minutes (this took me about 12 minutes total).
Each day, sit with the flame for a few minutes and call to each of the Hesperides. This is going to be unique to you. Perhaps it is a certain humming, drumming, or chant. You’ll know you have found the call that is suited for you because your focus on the flame will intensify. The more you practice, the stronger this focus will become.
A Candle & A Key,
Dark Goddess Collective, A Revelations of a Witch Circle, has launched. This is a community focused on those who are interested in doing the deeper, life-changing, intuitive work of reclaiming their power with Dark Goddesses and a tribe committed to fostering change in communities.
Don’t forget to grab your copy of the Newsletter with for free here.