Day 10 – Uplifted Spirit Scrub
Have you ever smelled something that instantly made the room seem a little brighter, our mood a little more carefree and relaxed? Some days we need to take all of our to do’s, our stress, our anxiety, and chuck them in the f*ck it bucket for half an hour. Today we are going to create a scrub to cleanse the body and uplift the spirit.
- Jar with lid
- ½ cup Sugar
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential oil
- 6 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 3 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
Start with the sugar and olive oil and get to a consistency that you love, some prefer more or less sugar or more or less oil. All of the ingredients have a purpose and we want to intentionally give direction as we add them:
- Sugar to sweetly reveal the layers needing more care
- Olive Oil to protect the layers we are revealing
- Lavender to build a calm awareness of the care we are reaching toward
- Bergamot to uplift, bring joy and stability in our selfcare routine
- Eucalyptus to re-center and focus on the now
Note: Feel free to use coconut oil instead, you just may have to put the jar in warm water to melt the coconut oil a little when it is time to use it.
This feels super luxurious on the skin and removes dead skin easily. It cleanses the body and uplifts the mind. Try it today in your shower and then journal about what you noticed immediately after the shower. I am usually better prepared to take on the rest of the day after this little ritual!
Tip: Follow up the routine with a lotion that you added a few drops of your personal oil to (from Day 4), it helps to moisturize the skin and keep the focus on personal wellness.
Preparing for Day 11
Each day there will be another (smaller) article detailing the current day and the next day, so if you are a planner like I am, you will have time to make the space.
If you want a complete list of tools, please click here.
Day 11 – Guiding Stones
Today we are going to use Rose Quartz and Obsidian with the body to remove stagnant energy and replace it with the swirling energy of compassion and care. Using our own intuition, we can guide ourselves to place the stones along the body or chakras that we feel need some extra attention (and sometimes this feels like a great tune up for all the chakras).
- Rose Quartz stone
- Obsidian Stone
- We begin with the obsidian and guide it from the top of the head and down the body. Asking it to grab and absorb any energy that is no longer serving you. Take a few minutes with this. By the time you get to your feet it may feel so much heavier – that is okay, you can put it in a bag of salt to clear the energy out (toss the salt when done!).
- Now we do the same thing, but with the Rose Quartz. We are asking it to lend its energy to the parts of use that need greater compassion, openness, healing, and care. In most instances I can feel the swirling energy of Rose Quartz penetrate where I need it the most.
Journal about your experience with this, if there are any spaces where you noticed that you spent longer amounts of time with either stone, and how the energy of each stone feels to you.
Building it Up
This is a free series from Dark Goddess Collective and is a part of our December 2021 work. We believe that it is important to empower each other, this includes providing free information that provokes or encourages knowledge of self, of sovereignty, and that which builds intuition. Over the course of 12 days we will be building up a practice of selfcare that invites in the deeper knowledge of self and building up awareness of the importance of Full-hearted selfcare in our practices of magic.
We are building a network of Sovereigns too! Stay tuned!
A candle & a key,